Let’s invent the future today! Fast Forward to Camp Invention’s new 2018 program where campers will explore with fun, hands-on activities that encourage creative problem solving, teamwork, entrepreneurship and curiosity. At the end of the program, each camper will bring home two personalized robots!
Camp Invention is the only nationally recognized, non-profit elementary enrichment program inspired by the National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees. New curriculum is introduced each year and is led by experienced educators in your local community. From building a robotic dog to designing a smart home filled with gadgets, LEDs, and technology, campers will enhance their 21st century thinking skills through various physical and mental activities.
Any child entering kindergarten through sixth grade will engage in activities that make connections in regards to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Neshannock Township School District is hosting its sixth annual Camp Invention at Neshannock Memorial Elementary School, from 8:00am-2:30pm, on June 11 – 15, 2018.
Please contact Camp Director, Mrs. Alicia Measel, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you!
Camp Invention 2018 Program Centers:
Campers will launch into the future with their own Optibot—a small self-driving bot that senses changes in light. Exploring the technology behind transportation, children will design the ultimate futuristic vehicle that might one day be reality!
• Design tracks for their bots to follow while exploring different modes of transportation
• Explore impact sensors using a small-scale crash test dummy
• Discover how sensors are used in autonomous vehicles
• Personalize their own line tracing robot to take home
Robotic Pet Vet™
Animal shelters are reporting that malfunctioning robotic dogs have been popping up all over town. Hurry and tell your young inventor to grab their vet kit because there’s only one cure for these pups—innovation! Throughout this module, campers diagnose puppy problems and design and build dog parks as they hammer out ideas for the best dog park attraction.
• Use tools to take apart robotic dogs and compare their inner mechanics to the anatomy and physiology of a real dog
• Explore spatial reasoning and design engineering as they construct a dog park
• Analyze simple machines and circuits used to make the dog move, bark and light up
• Customize their own robotic dog to take home
Mod My Mini Mansion™
Campers will dream up and design their very own futuristic smart home filled with gadgets, LEDs, technology and innovation! From talking mirrors to toasters that know how to cook their favorite foods, your child will invent and build models of these smart gadgets and gizmos.
• Make their own take-home mini mansions
• Discover the Internet of Things and how smart devices are connected and controlled
• Explore renewable sources to power up their eco-smart mini mansions
• Change letters into numbers using binary code to create a message
Stick To It™
Campers will invent something new every day as they explore what it is like to be a physicist, engineer and entrepreneur. Daily challenges inspire campers to bring their own ideas to the table, think big, persevere and get to the heart of what it means to be an inventor. Your young innovator will invent, make and craft solutions to real-world challenges by building their own prototypes and discovering that anything is possible!
• Make their own dancing dinosaur using a mechanical gear box in the “Dance to Your Own Beat” challenge
• Create a robotic arm to retrieve silver coins in the “Silver lining” challenge
• Build a plush cupcake catapult in the “It Will Be a Piece of Cake” challenge
• Explore chemistry, non-Newtonian fluids and magnetism as they investigate magnetic slime