Neshannock Township School District will resume in-person instruction on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. This plan will be effect until further notice unless COVID-19 cases within the District warrant otherwise (Guidelines for Temporary Building Closure) and/or State or Federal government officials mandate otherwise. We will continue to report any confirmed, positive cases on the COVID-19 page of our website. Daily in-person instruction will be an option for all students in Grades K-12. Virtual learning remains an option for all students in Grades K-12 throughout the remainder of the school year.
It is our goal to be able to maintain in-person learning for students at all grade levels as long as possible; however, we cannot do that without the help of our community. If you, your child, or anyone in your household is in quarantine, it is absolutely imperative that you follow all guidelines. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, or if you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Julie Morrone.
It is important for our students and their parents/guardians to be aware of the measures being taken to promote the health of safety of all who enter our school buildings. NTSD has been managing, by all means possible, to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus. From enhancements to cleaning products and equipment to increasing the number of custodial staff members, the health and safety of our students and staff has been top priority. We believe the reduced in-person student numbers combined with our social distancing efforts and increased cleaning and sanitation methods will allow us to maintain in-person instruction.
As always, please reach out to your child’s building principal, school counselors, and/or teachers with any questions or concerns you may have as you determine the best learning option for your child.
- Mr. Luca Passarelli, Grades 10-12
- Mrs. Alicia Measel, Grades 7-9
- Mr. Matt Heasley, Grades K-6
- Mrs. Jenny Flannery, Cyber Grades K-6
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work together to reopen for in-person instruction.
Dr. Terence P. Meehan
Superintendent, Neshannock Township School District
Health and Safety Procedures and Products:
- Social Distancing – With the reduction of students in the schools due to virtual enrollment, classrooms and cafeterias are arranged in a manner to increase distance between individuals. Furthermore, additional sections of courses at the Jr./Sr. High have been added to allow for small class sizes.
- General Health and Safety Procedures – Memorial Elementary School and Jr./Sr. High School
- All individuals — students and staff — have their temperatures scanned prior to entering the building. Student and staff temperatures are scanned through the use of walk-through, touch-free body temperature scan systems at entrances. Handheld temperature scanners are also available at District entrances.
- Plexi-glass dividers continue to be present in shared work spaces.
- Bottle-filler drink stations are available throughout the building in lieu of traditional fountain-style drink stations.
- Freestanding Purell hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the buildings, including entrances and high traffic areas.
- All students and staff have access to multiple Meritech Automated CleanTech® Handwashing Systems throughout the buildings. These handwashing systems remove the variability of human behavior from the hygiene process and effectively guarantee quality hygiene. The systems are clinically proven to remove more than 99.9% of harmful pathogens from hands in 12 seconds using 75% less water than a traditional sink.
Our maintenance department continues to sanitize and sterilize all classrooms, common areas, and school buses on a daily basis. Throughout the District we are using all Green Seal Certified products. In addition, one product has the Eco Logo designation which is USDA approved. The Green Seal certification is attained through strict analysis of the chemicals makeup and its use. This not only protects the students through the day, but also the teachers and custodians who come in contact with these products on a daily basis.
We utilize a disinfectant product that has seven capable solutions in one. VitalOxide is used for the following:
- EPA Registered hospital disinfectant cleaner
- NSF Registered no rinse required food surface sanitizer
- Mold and mildew killer
- Allergen eliminator
- Odor eliminator
- HVAC antimicrobial control
- Soft surface sanitizer
- VitalOxide is one of the leading products in terms of safety and effectiveness.
We are also utilizing several Purell products including hand sanitizer, surface sanitizer, and disinfectant sprays.