Updated on August 18, 2021
We are eager to welcome our students and staff to the 2021-2022 school year. The District has mailed out an information packet to all households. You may also review a digital version of the mailer by clicking here. As we continue to prepare for our first day of school, on August 30, please take the time to read over Board-approved reopening plan and procedures:
- The District will provide full-time, in-person instruction for all students in grades K-12.
- We will continue to offer our full-time cyber school, Neshannock Online Campus (NOC), for students in grades K-12. Parents/guardians of students committing to NOC must do so for a minimum period of one school quarter (nine weeks). NOC students wishing to transition to in-person instruction may do so at the beginning of the next school quarter. To register your child as a cyber student, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Flannery, Director of Educational Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommendations, the District strongly recommends that students and staff wear masks while indoors at school. While masks are strongly recommended, their use is voluntary unless there is a change in local, state, and/or national guidelines.
- In complying with CDC orders, universal masking will be required while on any District transportation for any reason. This includes all students and staff, regardless of vaccination status. Students will have assigned seats and be spaced apart to the maximum extent feasible while riding on buses.
- Classrooms and other seating areas will be spaced apart to the maximum extent feasible.
- The District will continue to have touch-free temperature scanning upon student, staff, and visitor arrival. Anyone with a temperature at or above 100.4°F will not be permitted to remain in the building.
- The District will continue to adhere to contact tracing rules and procedures per CDC and PA Department of Health guidance. Additionally, the District will also continue to communicate information regarding positive COVID-19 cases (“COVID Tracker”) and associated details on the COVID-19 page of the District website.
- The Superintendent of Schools is authorized to modify the reopening plan, in any manner, as deemed necessary and appropriate based upon community health metrics and other factors specific to the District. Any changes shall be ratified by the Board of School Directors at the next regularly scheduled public meeting.
2021-2022 Reopening Plan (Printable)
2021-2022 District Mailer (Printable)
2021-2022 Daily Schedule
Memorial Elementary School
8:35 am – 3:30 pm
Walkers in grades K-2 will be dismissed at 3:00 pm.
Details will be mailed to elementary families prior to the first day of school.
Junior-Senior High School
8:10 am – 2:52 pm
Daily (Optional) 10th Period, 2:55 – 3:20 pm
BACK TO SCHOOL CENTRAL
School Supplies, Grades K-8
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
District Transportation Information
STUDENT TECHNOLOGY USAGE
Devices, Policies, and Procedures
Monthly Calendar of Events
COVID Tracker (Summary of Cases)
Prevention and Procedures
Building Maintenance – Cleaning Supplies and Practices
Dates to Know
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Seventh Grade Orientation – 5:30 pm
New Student Orientation (Grades 8-12) – 5:30 pm
Pie Festival – 7:00 pm
Thursday, August 26, 2021
Kindergarten Orientation – 8:30 am
First Grade Orientation – 10:30 am
Cyber Student Supply Distribution – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
NMS Lobby (Grades K-6) and NHS Lobby (Grades 7-12)
New Student Orientation (Grades 2-6) – 4:00 pm
Saturday, August 28, 2021
Football Home Opener – 7:00 pm (Neshannock vs. Shenango)
Back to School Tailgate – 5:30 pm
Raffles and Spirit Wear Sales
Monday, August 30, 2021
First Day of School, Grades K-12
Monday, September 6, 2021
Labor Day – No School