Director of Buildings and Grounds
Response to COVID-19
Health and Safety Procedures and Products:
- Social Distancing – With the reduction of students in the schools due to virtual enrollment, classrooms and cafeterias are arranged in a manner to increase distance between individuals. Furthermore, additional sections of courses at the Jr./Sr. High have been added to allow for small class sizes.
- General Health and Safety Procedures – Memorial Elementary School and Jr./Sr. High School
- All individuals — students and staff — have their temperatures scanned prior to entering the building. Student and staff temperatures are scanned through the use of walk-through, touch-free body temperature scan systems at entrances. Handheld temperature scanners are also available at District entrances.
- Plexi-glass dividers continue to be present in shared work spaces.
- Bottle-filler drink stations are available throughout the building in lieu of traditional fountain-style drink stations.
- Freestanding Purell hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the buildings, including entrances and high traffic areas.
- All students and staff have access to multiple Meritech Automated CleanTech® Handwashing Systems throughout the buildings. These handwashing systems remove the variability of human behavior from the hygiene process and effectively guarantee quality hygiene. The systems are clinically proven to remove more than 99.9% of harmful pathogens from hands in 12 seconds using 75% less water than a traditional sink.
Our maintenance department continues to sanitize and sterilize all classrooms, common areas, and school buses on a daily basis. Throughout the District we are using all Green Seal Certified products. In addition, one product has the Eco Logo designation which is USDA approved. The Green Seal certification is attained through strict analysis of the chemicals makeup and its use. This not only protects the students through the day, but also the teachers and custodians who come in contact with these products on a daily basis.
We utilize a disinfectant product that has seven capable solutions in one. VitalOxide is used for the following:
- EPA Registered hospital disinfectant cleaner
- NSF Registered no rinse required food surface sanitizer
- Mold and mildew killer
- Allergen eliminator
- Odor eliminator
- HVAC antimicrobial control
- Soft surface sanitizer
- VitalOxide is one of the leading products in terms of safety and effectiveness.
We are also utilizing several Purell products including hand sanitizer, surface sanitizer, and disinfectant sprays.