Attending Sporting Events: COVID-19 Warning
COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and complications, even death. Senior citizens and those with underlying health conditions are especially vulnerable. Therefore, all persons must wear masks, maintain social distancing, and follow posted instructions while in the stadium/gymnasium and while on NTSD grounds.
By entering the stadium/gymnasium and stadium/gymnasium grounds, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Senior Night – Winter Sports 2021
February 16, 2021
This information was emailed directly to our senior student athletes on Wednesday, January 27, 2021.
The District plans to recognize seniors involved in varsity basketball, cheerleading, diving, and swimming on Tuesday, February 16.
The recognition will take place prior to the varsity basketball game, at approximately 7:00 pm, in the gymnasium. In keeping with tradition, your parents will escort you across the basketball court as your name and bio (current activities and future plans) are read aloud by Ms. Welker.
Please fill out this senior bio form by Friday, February 5 to be included in the program and recognition.
At the conclusion of the senior recognition, parents will exit the gymnasium and only ticketed individuals will regain entry. Seniors being recognized are welcome to stay for the varsity basketball game. The Cheer Boosters will host a small gathering, in the cafeteria, following the varsity game with refreshments for our senior athletes (no parents).
Anyone entering the building will be required to wear a mask and have their temperatures scanned (temperature must be below 100.4). Masks are to be worn while in the building; however, you and your parents may remove your mask – should you wish to do so – when it is your turn to walk across the court. Masks must go back on immediately thereafter.
Laura Ruppersberger will be on hand to take professional photos – Printable Order Form. Hard copies of the order form are available in the high school office.
The event will be live-streamed on our YouTube channel – Neshannock Video Productions — for anyone wishing to watch.
Senior Night Timeline
- 6:35 – 6:45 pm
- Senior athletes and parents are to meet in the high school cafeteria.
- Flowers will be distributed at this time
- 6:45 – 7:00 pm
- Senior athletes and parents will assemble by sport (then alphabetical order) in the high school cafeteria.
- Sports will be announced in the following order: Basketball, Cheerleading, Dive Team, and Swim Team
- 7:05 pm – Senior Night Recognition will begin
- 7:30 pm – NHS vs. Beaver Falls
- Post-Game – Senior Night Refreshments (Seniors Only + 2 Cheer Boosters Organizers, Cafeteria)
Please share all of these details with your parents. These are challenging times, and yet we are grateful to keep as many traditions alive as possible. Special thanks to you and your parents for your support and cooperation as we do our best to safely host an evening in your honor. We are proud of you!
Please reach out to Mr. Passarelli with any questions or concerns.
Middle School Basketball – Grades 7 and 8:
- 7th grade player and cheer parents only for 7th grade game. (7th grade cheer only 7th game)
- grade game)
- At completion of game, 7th grade parents will exit gym and 8th will then enter.
- Only one game. There are no restrictions here. If you have ticket, you may enter.
Girls Varsity Basketball:
- Parents may stay for both JV and Varsity events if desired.
- Our numbers should fall short of the state restrictions because cheerleaders do not attend.
Boys Varsity Basketball:
- JV cheer and basketball parents only for the JV game.
- Please exit gym after completion of the game.
- Varsity cheer and basketball parents only for the varsity game.
Mr. Frye and Mr. Burkes, our co-athletic directors, thank you for your cooperation on this matter. If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Mr. Burkes at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 724-658-5513 ext. 2216.
Neshannock Hockey Club:
Athletic Director Forms