In response to COVID-19, Neshannock Jr./Sr. High School is offering virtual learning to interested students. Full-virtual is temporary access to virtual learning for all or some of the 2020-2021 academic year. Please contact your child’s building principal if you’re interested in a temporary placement in full-virtual learning.
Neshannock Online Campus, a full-time cyber school, is a permanent fixture at Neshannock Township School District for students in grades 7-12 interested in a full-time cyber experience.
The Neshannock Online Campus serves students in grades 7 through 12 and is powered by Schoology. Our online campus offers Neshannock Township School District students both the academic strengths of the traditional classroom and the flexibility of an online learning platform. The Neshannock Online Campus curriculum offers full access to district resources and facilities, including guidance counseling, libraries, and athletic facilities at no cost to district families. Your child may join extracurricular music and theater groups, special interest clubs, and sports teams. The online academy offers students something unique to cyber education — a Neshannock Township School District diploma and the ability to graduate with classmates.
Interested families should contact Mrs. DeVincentis to complete a registration application and student contract and are expected to meet either virtually or in person (prior to placement) to discuss the NHS Online Campus. All NHS Online Campus courses scheduled will meet graduation or grade level requirements that are in line with the Neshannock School District.
Policies and Procedures:
All students enrolled in the online campus must adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in our student handbook. Students will follow the school calendar and must be logged in for attendance purposes no later than 8:15 am each school day. If a student decides to withdraw from the Neshannock Online Campus, transition back to the Junior/Senior High School building can occur at the end of a grading period. Also, students are required to participate in mandatory assessment testing (i.e. PSSA and Keystone). Details will be provided to the students and parents prior to the testing windows.
Schoology is the Neshannock Township School District’s updated LMS (Learning Management System), which will be utilized as a replacement for VLN beginning with the 2020-21 school year.
- Logging on: To log on, please type Neshannock.Schoology.com into your web browser’s URL field and navigate to the site. A Google sign-in page will appear. Use your Neshannock email username (email@example.com) and password to sign in.
- Navigating Schoology: After successful log on, you will arrive at the Neshannock Online Campus homepage. You may click the red Neshannock “N” at any time to return to the homepage. To access your courses, click on COURSES at the top of the page, and then click on “My Courses” on the right side of the screen. Notifications regarding upcoming assignments and various announcements will appear on the bar to the right side of the screen. You can access your personal profile at the top-right of the screen by clicking on your name. For more information on navigation, watch the video posted at the bottom of this page.
- Devices: Students are expected to use their own laptop or tablet. Contact a Neshannock Online Campus administrator with any questions regarding this policy
- Attendance: Students will be required to log on daily and indicate presence in the Homeroom section, which can be found under the COURSES tab. This is required to be counted as present and counted.
- Grading: Grading practices are in line with District policies. Students will receive NTSD report cards quarterly.
- Video Conferencing: Using the “Conferences” app on the left-side menu in each course, teachers have the ability to create live sessions for students to join. Teachers may share their screen, use a digital whiteboard, or present a video for the classroom, while also being present on screen. The video conferencing app is similar to Zoom and Google Meet combined.
Neshannock Jr./Sr. High School: 724-658-5513
Mrs. Alicia Measel, Neshannock Online Campus Principal
724-658-5513, ext. 5120
Mrs. Brenda DeVincentis, Online Campus Registration/Senior High School Counselor
724-658-5513, ext. 5115
Mr. Adam Held, Junior High School Counselor
724-658-5513, ext. 5122
Mrs. Staci Norris, Director of Special Education
724-658-4793, ext. 5106
Mr. Christopher Ferry, Director of Technology/Online Campus Tech Support