The Neshannock Township School District has adopted the motto “Commitment to Excellence”. As a School District, we realize that educating today’s youth is a partnership with the community. We cannot do this alone. We need the community involvement to develop these young children into responsible adults.
Goals that support this philosophy are the following:
- To be recognized as a Professional Learning Community that is focused, promotes collaboration, and is committed to excellence in everything we do.
- To provide all students with a rigorous curriculum that challenges them and develops in each student critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to calculate and compose.
- To provide all staff and students a safe and caring environment where character education is modeled by all, and individuals are able to take risks and be innovative.
- To hold all staff, students, and the community accountable for providing a quality education to our youth.
- To form community relationships that build on the belief that we are committed to excellence.
- To provide the students, staff, and community with assured technology experiences.
Mission, Vision, and Belief Statements
Neshannock Township School District is committed to providing every student the opportunity to develop and utilize their academic and social skills through an exemplary, rigorous educational experience in a safe and caring environment.
The District will foster school and community partnerships in order to deliver a rigorous curriculum that meets the needs of all students.
These partnerships will inspire students and staff to achieve all aspects of the District’s mission and goals.
- All students can learn.
- We prepare our students to be life-long learners.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates.
- The key aspect of education is developing well rounded students who think creatively and critically to make informed decisions and solve problems.
- Education enables the individual to be a responsible, self-disciplined member of a community.
- Educational and cultural diversity enriches the educational experience for students.
- Students and staff will be proactive in creating a safe and caring environment.
- Education is a cooperative effort of the board of education, staff, students, parents, and the community.
- The school district fosters an environment that encourages all staff to exercise their unique skills to enhance education.