Five members of the sixth grade class at Neshannock Memorial Elementary School were recognized for their outstanding academic achievements. The President’s Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence was awarded to the following students:
- Nicholas Bender, Son of Dr. Walter and Sara Bender
- Aleena Frengel, Daughter of Mark and Lesley Frengel
- Loren Gramsky, Daughter of Robert and Danielle Gramsky
- Aubrie Ragone, Daughter of Mark and Christina Ragone
- Matthew Sopko, Son of Michael Sopko and Dr. Kelly Palumbo
In order to be eligible for this prestigious recognition, students need to earn a 95% or higher in reading and mathematics in fourth, fifth, and sixth grades. Students must also earn a score in the 90th percentile or higher on the IOWA Test of Basic Skills in fourth, fifth, and sixth grades.
In addition to being honored at the Awards Assembly this morning, recipients also received a certificate signed by President Donald Trump and letters from The Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, and President Trump.
Congratulations, Nicholas, Aleena, Loren, Aubrie, and Matthew! We are extremely proud of you! Keep up the outstanding work!