NTSD Return to Athletic and Co-Curricular Participation Document: This guidance document is the collaborative effort by the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office, Department of Health (DOH), Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), PIAA, along with the PIAA Sports Medicine Advisory committee. Please take the time to carefully review the information, points of emphasis, and phase guidelines.
Fall sports are just around the corner, and we hope to see our Lancers take to the fields, courts, and courses! If you’re interested in participating in fall sports at Neshannock, please be sure to carefully read over all registration requirements taking note of the upcoming deadline.
Additionally, any student planning to work out, condition, or practice with a school-sponsored athletic team, organization, or club – in or out of season – must complete and turn in the COVID-19 and Communicable Disease Waiver in order to participate. A form must be submitted for each activity. For instance, a student athlete participating in both tennis and band must submit two waivers, one to the tennis coach and one to the band director. An electronic waiver is available on FamilyID. Hard copy forms are to be turned in to the individual — coach, advisor, director, etc. — in charge of the team, organization, or club.
The information below is for parents and students (Grades 7-12) interested in playing fall sports for the 2020 season:
- 2020 Fall Sports are as follows:
- Cheerleading (Junior High and Varsity)
- Cross Country (Junior High and Varsity)
- Football (Junior High and Varsity)
- Soccer (Boys and Girls)
- Tennis (Girls)
- Volleyball (Girls)
- Basketball (Junior High Girls)
- All athletes entering grades 7-12 are required to register on FamilyID by visiting www.familyID.com. Once on the site, please search for Neshannock registrations.
- FamilyID is open now until 12pm on August 3, 2020, which is the official deadline for fall sports sign-ups.
- Interested athletes must turn in the following prior to the August 3rd deadline:
- FamilyID Registration
- COVID-19 and Communicable Disease Waiver
- Physical Form
- Section 6 of the physical form MUST be dated June 1, 2020 or later, and must have the doctor’s signature.
- Please ensure your physical form has both the required date information and signature(s) prior to submission.
- Pay to Play
- All forms must be submitted to the front office at Neshannock Jr./Sr. High School. Please do not submit forms to coaches or athletic directors.
- The front office is open Monday-Thursday, 8:00am – 3:30pm.
- All District offices are closed Friday through Sunday during the summer months.
- Failure to submit the required items in on time will result in an athlete being unable to practice with his/her team. The athlete will be penalized a practice day for each day the required items are late.
Note: It does not matter when the practice begins in the fall, all athletes are required to register on FamilyID, submit a physical form, and “Pay to Play” no later than the August 3, 2020 (by 12pm) deadline.
Any questions should be directed to Mr. Ed Frye, Co-Athletic Director, at email@example.com – Thank you!